Based in Minneapolis, MN
Valentine's Day 2018 (Feb. 14th, 2018)
Newt One rewards you for how much life you bring to the game world, not how much life you take from it. Embodying your progress through color and music, Newt One's purpose is to generate happiness. You play as Newt, a new tone in a musical land that has fallen to the Great Slumber. Awakening this sleeping, silent world is your rite of passage. Seek out your friends and find the missing Elders to restore this realm's music, life, and color!
Late in 2015 Ari posted about wanting to make a game. Dev was experimenting with interactive sound systems and happened upon the post. The time was right. A partnership was born. Since then, Newt One has crawled from the primoridal ooze of standard 3D Platformer design and has been steadily evolving. Morphing and maturing into a unique entity, Newt One is now in late Beta and nearly ready to permeate the ether into the collective subconscious.
- Restore your realm's music, life, and color!
- Enchanting music that adapts to the world
- Completely Nonviolent gameplay
- Cute, memorable art style
- Innovative 3D Platforming fun
- 4 unique Worlds each with 6 levels
Awards Trailer YouTube
Gameplay Demo Vimeo
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Official Selection: Exhibitor" MinneCade 2018: Oct 9th, 2018
- "Winner: Best Interactive Piece" FanChile: Sept. 10th, 2018
- "Winner: Best Soundtrack" 2D Con 2018: Aug. 5th, 2018
- "Official Selection: Exhibitor" PixelPop: July 28th-29th, 2018
- "Official Selection: Mega Minne Multi Indie Mini Arcade 3" MinneBar: Apr. 14th, 2018
- "Official Selection: Indie Games Showcase" MineFaire MN 2018: Mar. 17th, 2018
- "Winner: Gamer’s Choice" VGM Con 2018: Mar. 2-4h, 2018
- "Winner: Game of the Show" 2D Con 2017: August 13th, 2017
- "Winner: Best Gameplay" 2D Con 2017: August 13th, 2017
- "Winner: Best Single Player" 2D Con 2017: August 13th, 2017
- "Winner: Best Soundtrack" 2D Con 2017: August 13th, 2017
- "Winner (Newt One): Player's Choice" MinneCade 2017: May 7th, 2017
- "Official Selection: MinneCade" MinneCade 2017: May 6-7, 2017
- "Session Host: Project Management for Indies" GlitchCon 2017: May 6th, 2017
- "Session Host: Developing a non-violent videogame for Today's World" MinneBar: Mar. 25th, 2017
- "Official Selection (Newt One): Mega Minne Multi Indie Mini Arcade 2" MinneBar: Mar. 25th, 2017
- "Presenter: Newt One Demo" MinneDemo 25: Feb. 16th, 2017
- "Winner (Newt One): Best Visuals" Gamer's Rhapsody: Nov 18th-20th, 2016
- "Official Selection (Newt One): TEDx Minneapolis Innovation Lab" TEDx Minneapolis: Aug. 18th, 2016
- "Presenter: Game Development Microtalks" MinneBar: Apr. 6th, 2016
- "Official Selection (Newt One): Mega Minne Multi Indie Mini Arcade" MinneBar: Apr. 6th, 2016
- "Newt One is a shining beacon of joy and happiness in a world darkened by violence"
- Michael Cox, The Insatiable Gamer
- "a colourful concoction of cute"
- Katrina Filippidis, Gameranx
- "The only game I’ve played that I can think of that is remotely close to what Newt One does is Journey (PS3). I personally found Journey to be a very pleasant experience and Newt One taps into similar feelings."
- Andre Calvert, Game Review Pad
- "this title is something unique and special"
- Chris McAuley, Game Tyrant
- "a serene and colorful adventure that contrasts with the usual grimness of the video game landscape....there is an undeniable charm to its bubbly personality"
- Evan Maier-Zucchino, Top Shelf Gaming
- "the real goal is to make you, the player, just a little bit happier from playing"
- Naomi Lugo, Twin Cities Geek
- "a special one"
- Patrick Hickey Jr., Review Fix
- "unique twists on typcal 3D platformer experiences"
- Raymond Bakker, Zero Lives
- "...a breath of fresh air. There is no violence in this game. Just fun and challenging platforming"
- Catie, The Zombie Chimp
- "packed full of bright colours and bursting with a positive atmosphere"
- Chris McAuley, Outright Geekery
- "a unique experience. It falls within a genre, but is very much its own thing"
- , Backlog Boys
- "It is a calm and enchanted world which spreads positive thoughts all around"
- Emine Öztürk, Games News Plus
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
DevNAri FB page facebook.com.
DevNAri On Twitter twitter.com.
It is our belief that games can make lives better - and happier! We lovingly craft nonviolent, colorful games with a focus on music.
More information on DevNAri, our logo & relevant media are available here.